Are Dental Veneers Right for You? Understanding the Pros & Cons Maintaining Your Dental Veneers: Tips for Long-Term Care & Maintenance
Dental veneers are effective for improving the cosmetic appeal of your smile. These orthodontic appliances are custom-made, virtually invisible, wafer-thin, convenient and perfect for correcting issues like chipped teeth, crooked teeth, and discolouration of teeth.
In this article, we will help you in knowing about the pros and cons of using dental veneers. Understanding these pros and cons can help you decide if dental veneers are right for you.
Mainly, there are two types of dental veneers: Composite resin veneers and porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are durable and attractive. Also, they are glossier, have a realistic look and also are stain-resistant.
Pros of using dental veneers-
The biggest benefit of using dental veneer treatment options is their capacity to enhance the alignment of your teeth. They make your teeth look straight and whiter. As they conceal the surface of teeth totally, dental veneers can be effective in restoring a bright and healthy smile.
- Realistic look- Using porcelain dental veneers can help you get natural-looking, whiter and straighter teeth. They help you to mask the yellow dentin layer and help you feel comfortable and confident while smiling.
- Stain resistance- Dental veneers are effective in resisting discolouration caused due to food. The substances which cause staining do not settle on your veneers and can be easily brushed away.
- Quick results- Using dental veneers can you quicker results as compared to other dental treatments. They can make your teeth look brighter and whiter right after your dentist applies them to your teeth.
- Cost-effective treatment- Dental veneers are quite cost-effective and can last for about 15 years or also longer.
- Long-lasting and durable- Porcelain veneers might be used for about 7 to 15 years, or more depending on the usage and maintenance. To maintain your dental veneers and to keep them looking fresh, your dentists will recommend you replace them after 15 years and buy a new set of dental veneers.
- Hassle-free and easy maintenance- Dental veneers do not need any special care. You need to simply brush two times and floss after eating. Also, you need to go for routine check-ups after every six months.
The cons of using dental veneers in Glen Waverley-
Every treatment has some pros and some cons. Your dental care expert will help you in recognising the drawbacks of dental veneers in Melbourne and also help you to prevent them.
Dental veneers cannot shield your teeth from sensitivity to heat or cold-
Dental veneers are irretrievable. To prepare your tooth for dental veneers and to fix it on your teeth, your dentist might have to remove a layer of enamel before fixing it to your teeth. You might experience some sensitivity to heat or cold after removing this thin layer, as the dental veneer material is not thick as natural enamel and might not be able to act as a wall between your teeth and hot or cold food items.
Dental veneers cannot be used for restoring badly damaged teeth-
Although dental veneers might prove effective in shielding discolouration and giving your teeth an aligned and bright look, still they are not the right treatment option for the restoration of a severely damaged tooth.
To know more about Porcelain dental veneers in Glen Waverley, connect with EK Dental Surgery now and consult with our experts.